Data Access Worldwide has announced that DataFlex 2015/18.2 Beta is available.
Watch the DataFlex 18.2 video
This video by John Tuohy provides a full introduction to DataFlex 2015 – 18.2 release and how to start using it.
DataFlex 18.2 Highlights
DataFlex 18.2 is a maintenance release that builds on the foundation of DataFlex 18.1 but is focused on developer suggestions and bug fixes. The enhancements and fixes range from the base system, up through data dictionaries and the Windows and Web Frameworks and, of course, the tools themselves (especially the Studio).
- Month calendar control
For prompts and other custom uses (See Order.vw)
- Windows 10 font spacing issue resolved (kerning)
- Uses latest Codejock controls (16.4.0)
- Complex views display much faster on clients
- New parent combo control
- Web based Data Dictionary Inspector
- Improved cookie management
- Better error handling
– Better cross platform compatibility and performance
– Many layout and alignment improvements
- New Desktop Theme
– Has modern look of mobile/touch but with smaller control sizing
- Better Table Explorer Table Filter options
– Table list (filelist) filtering is now applied more widely throughout the Studio, e.g. the DDO Table Selector.
- Generates .DEF files whenever .FD files are generated (configurable). You can also explicitly generate .DEF files
- Configurable pre & post compile processing
- Optimized Web Designer (much faster)
- Smart Relates
– If parent DDO is not present, no relate
– Enabled by default – Most developers think this is how DDs already work
– Can improve performance in large batch operations
– Can improve performance when using SQL
Changes to the Base System include new functions (see below) and minor Windows 10 compatibility changes.
– StrSplitToArray() / StrJoinFromArray()
- Date/DateTime and TimeSpan
– Makes it easy to set dates and perform datetime arithmetic (over 20 new functions)
– Examples:DateAddMonth(), DateAddSecond ()
Download the DataFlex 18.2 Beta Test Release
You can try the beta test release for yourself, by using the link below to download from the testing forum: